Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hair cut...

I'm back on the road again! Yep that's right, I'm back in Boise after an extended break in Spokane plus a short trip to Seattle. I know there are a lot of questions regarding my traveling around and I hope the next few posts answer all of them. So much has happened since I last posted and I cant wait to share with you! I will do my best to get these blog posts done in a timely manner ( I appreciate your patients).

 The thing is, at times I have some "lone wolf" tendencies and for the last few months I feel like I haven't had more than five minutes alone; time to myself.  I really feel drained ...out of gas, while at the same time so stoked. There is a thrill in being obedient to the Lord. But at the same time  can be emotionally and physically draining. To be honest, I'm so ready to get back on the road and get time to process all the amazing things that God has done in me and through me these last few weeks.

Ok So where are we in our story.... Oh ya St and I had just spent the night in a park in Nampa after we had been at a BBQ the night before in Parma. We ended up finally getting to bed at around 12:30am and at about 4 I heard the sprinklers start to go off around us. I woke up St and said we should just get up and start walking. He was down to do it so with just a little sleep we packed up and started walking. First things first, we needed coffee and found some at a gas station not too far from where we were. We only had 17 miles left to reach our destination, which was  Boise, but my feet were still super blisterd and I was in a lot of pain from the days before. We pressed one. We walked for a few hours then stopped for breakfast, charged our phones a little and headed back out. At about 1 in the afternoon I was done. My feet hurt so bad and I just couldn't  take it anymore. We stopped at the corner of Franklin and  Cloverdale where we were picked up by St's friend Amy. 

What a relief! We headed back to her parents house with St and Amy up front and LeeRoy and I in the back of her father's Chevy Impala. fun! We rested, showered, and got ready to head down to live after 5 down town Boise. St and Noah ran an errand while Amy and I were left on our own to pass out cards and promote Uzima and Needle2square. To be honest I wasn't really feeling it. I was emberassed/shy which is not usually like me. No idea why but Amy got my head in the game and we walked into the crowd of people. (I have to give a quick shout out to Amy.) After only a few times hearing what I share with people she was able to start answering questions for people as well. She totally killed it! Handing out cards and having full on conversations with people. Releaving some of the presure for me to get to everyones questions and pictures. Thanks  Amy!!!

The next day we St and I had an interview at a radio station and a few other things we needed to get done. That night I was going to get picked up by an animal shipping company and head to Spokane for my family reunion. Before I left Boise I wanted to get a hair cut so I could look half way decent at my family reunion. I asked a super good friend, Noah, if he had a guy he went to. Noah is one of those guys that has a guy for just about everything. Here is we're my story would differ from Noah's. He swears he told me that he had a guy but I wouldn't be able to get in so he suggested a barber shop just up the road from his house. Now in my mind I was sure the barber shop up the road from his house was "the guy" he was talking about.

Picture this... so I walked down the street and came up to an old school barber shop that looked vacant. As I got closer a man who looked to be in his late 60s appeared. With broken english he asked if I wanted a hair cut and I  starred at him trying to figure out if this was really the barber Noah recommended. The shop looked dirty with hair all over the floor, just an absolute mess. I sat down in the chair hoping the guy knew what he was doing when he started searching for something. He spotted a comb in the pile of dirty hair on the floor, scooted it closer with his foot, picked it up, and started combing my hair with it. Now I don't see myself as a high maintnence  or demanding person but really??? I couldn't believe he just used the nasty comb off the floor on my hair. I was ready to bolt for the door but didn't want to make the man feel bad so I stayed. You would think things couldn't get any worse but they did. He pulled out a pair of scissors that looked like something you would find in a tool box. They were old, dirty and dull. As he started cutting my hair, the scissors wouldn't cut but instead pulled. It felt like he was ripping chunks of hair from my head. After the cut, he grabbed a rusty blade to shave the back of my neck with and ended up scratching it all up. When he was done he lathered a hand full of gel and slicked it back like The Fonz from Happy Days. I didn't care what it looked like I just wanted to get out of there. He charged me $8 and I gave him $10 (with tip).

Walking back to Noah's house I was thinking to myself, what did I do to offend him so much that he would send me to this guy. This man wasn't a barber but a butcher! I knock on the door and the first words out of my mouth were "What did I do to deserve this? Are you mad at me? Did I offend you some how?" I told Noah the story of my hair cut experience and he couldn't stop laughing. He said he didn't say that was the guy he recommended but I was sure he did. We never got to the end of it but I'm still not convinced of his side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment