Wednesday, April 4, 2012

LeeRoy

Its true what they say, goats are A LOT like dogs. You can teach them all kinds of tricks like to come when you call and to sit or lay down. I'm going to teach mine to shake. I don't know how I got blessed with an amazing dog and now an amazing goat... THIS GOAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! An absolute show stopper! I took him for a 7 mile walk in a neighborhood up in North Seattle this week. Every single car stopped, people came out of their homes, it was crazy. It took me a long time cause I was stopping every few minutes talking to the curious neighbors... " why do you have a goat?" "why are you walking across America?".  Its a great way to share with them the story of Uzima. I didn't expect this but often times people right then and there will reach into their pockets and give me money in support of Needle2square. Totally unexpected,what a blessing! This is the goat of destiny...

Naming a goat is no easy task... I mean when you choose a name you really want it reflect the personality/ character of the animal and this goat is no Popsicle! So I came up with a name.... " Lee Roy.... Lee Roy Brown, coolest goat in the whole dang town!" Dogs beware! You mess with the goat, you get the horns!


* UPDATE* Louie is doing so much better! He's not fully ready to go on the walk but he's looking a lot healthier and his legs are getting stronger. The plan still stands... he's going to meet me hopefully in Spokane a month or so into the walk. Before he  comes out I will make sure he gets checked out by the vet. If all goes according to plan, there will be 3 of us walking across America.

2 comments:

  1. Is there room in your tent for all three of you? I also really like the name you picked, I think you should do a video blog about it and dance with your goat to the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw you on the news in Portland, OR. Where can we donate to the cause?

    ReplyDelete