Monday, April 30, 2012

2 days...

Well it's finally time to double check all my gear and make sure I got all I need. I have never done anything close to this so I really don't know what to expect! My goat pack finally came in on Friday of last week. I've been so busy with last minute things that I wasn't able to make it out to the barn and make sure the pack fit LeeRoy till Sunday. I picked up LeeRoy in the car early Sunday morning and headed south to Olympia where I met a real "goat guru"  named Dawn.. Turns out the goat pack I ordered is way too big and I have to send it back. That was not the only thing I learned on my trip down to Olympia. She taught me all about goat first aid which could come in handy on the trail.

It's Monday today and I leave on Wednesday. That wont be enough time to get the new pack I need delivered. It's OK though... the goat guru let me barrow a pack system till I get mine figured out.

As for me.  I don't really feel nervous or scared. It really just feels like its gong to be another day... I'm sure I wont feel that way by the end of the first day. I'm sure I'll be asking myself a lot of questions as I lay in my tent under some bridge underpass.. Questions like how did I think this would be a good idea? Or did I bring everything I need?

I have had a lot of people asking me why I chose to leave May 2nd. The date is very important to me and I will share about it in my next blog post...



No comments:

Post a Comment