Friday, June 8, 2012

480 to Boise...

Of the entire walk thus far, I am officially entering "survival territory".... well survival for me. Walking down I5, I hit a town every 10 miles (it felt like) this is not so when you cross through mid Oregon. Its forest, Mountain and high desert... oh my! Cities are scares to say the least, so now I really have to plan my food and water. Won't be walking by a coffee shop as often as I'd like. This is the route I am planning to take to get to Boise Idaho. If I walk 14 miles a day with 4 break days, It will take me 34 days to get to Boise. This includes my Birthday (the 23) and the 4th of July (which happens to be my favorite holiday). I will be bummed if I'm out in the middle of nowhere then. Hopefully there will be a firework stand somewhere... LeeRoy and I just might have to celebrate on our own!

*I may not be able to post as often as I'd like the next month or so due to service.*


 This might be a strange thing to bring up in a post like this and I'm not sure how personal I want to get but there is a lot more going on within me aside from the adventure side of this. As I walk, I have a lot of time to think... and a lot of things from my past keep coming up. I have already had to have a few difficult conversations to clear the air and make things right. I can tell that I am slowly changing as a person. I did not realize what a great gift it is to think... like to have time to meditate on things of the past and the kind of person I want to be in the future. With that said, these posts might get more personal as I believe the Lord is changing and redeeming me, I think it is important to be transparent. Makes me think of this verse,  Phillipians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. The time that I spend on the road is time that I continually work out my salvation, making me more like Jesus. 

1 comment:

  1. Your journey continues to encourage me, to meditate on my thoughts, evaluate the person that I am, and who I want to be. For the past year it has been to be more like Jesus, but now, following you, this really makes me want to work harder to be more like Him. This passage came to me, as I was reading this last entry of yours: Corinthians 12:31 "Love Is Indispensable: And yet I will show you the most excellent way. If you speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." Keep being who you are, my friend. You are a shining star full of love and light. Until next time, your friend and follower, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete