Friday, March 16, 2012

Having a hard time focusing...

With "March Madness" on, I find it very difficult to focus on getting ready for the walk or even blogging. There has been a lot going on since the last post, so this entry might be a bit long. With that being said, last Sunday I took a bus from Seattle to Spokane after the radio show (Naked Truth, check it out kgnw.com Sunday nights at 9pm). I fell asleep on the bus and woke up as we were driving through Snoqualmie pass. Looking out the window, there was snow everywhere! It had to have been at least 9ft high... and it hit me that I'm completely ill prepared for the snow portion of this walk. Immediately I started thinking through my options of what to do like maybe go over Stevens pass instead or moving my departure date to June so there isn't as much snow in the mountains... possibly make an attempt and if it doesn't work turn around and go south...or skip the pass all together and head south through Portland then head east. Doing that would add a lot more time to my trip but it makes the first month a lot easier. * I want to quickly clarify a few rules I set for myself for this walk... well actually there is really only one rule I have which is, I have to WALK the entire way, no hitchhiking over passes! If I'm stopping at a city, I can be driven around the city but will pick up where I left off when I hit the road again.* I don't know what I'm going to do about the snow yet... still haven't made a decision but hope to figure it out soon. 

Anyway, once in Spokane I got to share my story with friends and people that I knew from back in the day.  It was amazing to see how much support I have and how many people are interested in the details and are legitimately  concerned for my safety. I would have never thought I'd get this kind of a response and I have to admit it is SO encouraging! On Tuesday night, I spoke to the Youth of Calvery Chapel Rathdrum and had an awesome time hanging out/sharing about Uzima and the walk (thanks Michael Jacobs).  Later that week I was interviewed by Nicole at  KXLY (a local TV/Radio station in the Spokane area) who will be writing an article about Needle2Square in the coming days ( I will post a link once its up). This really is a grass roots movement and it is awesome to see others get involved and spread the word!

There is still so much to be done and I will keep you posted as I go, but for now I have to get back to the game... ( go Missouri!)


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment